The LEGO® KidsFest kicks off its seventh year on the road with new tour stops in St. Louis and Nashville and a return to some popular markets.
The 2015 tour stops include Phoenix, AZ (Feb. 27 – March 1), St. Louis, MO (March 20 – 22), Nashville, TN (April 17 – 19) and Austin, TX (Sept. 4 – 6).
In its seventh year of touring, LEGO KidsFest is visiting a few less markets this year to focus on its new LEGO Creativity Tour.
“With the pilot of the LEGO Creativity Tour in Biloxi, Mississippi in December, we expect to be sharing some news about new tour dates early next year,” said Vince Rubino, Events Manager for LEGO Systems, Inc.
“Right now through year’s end, our focus is on testing new concepts and continuing to deliver an amazing and fun-filled LEGO experience for families around the country.”
Covering more than three acres of space, the LEGO KidsFest extravaganza brings all of the hands-on, minds-on fun of LEGO building and experience together in an activity-filled event for all ages and builders of all skills.
Five sessions — all identical and 4½ half hours in length — are held at each tour stop. LEGO KidsFest tickets can be purchased at www.LEGOKidsFest.com.
On tour since 2009, previous LEGO KidsFest tour stops have included major cities such as Chicago, Boston, Dallas, Atlanta, San Jose, Cleveland, Richmond, Phoenix, Portland and more. Tickets generally sell out and attendance averages 27,000-30,000 visitors at each venue.
Some of the activities at the shows include:
- LEGO Model Gallery: dozens of life-sized models made entirely from LEGO bricks
- LEGO Master Builders: live demonstrations and activities from the crew who get paid to play
- Race Ramps: build a custom car, then race it down the ramp against friends and family
- LEGO Fusion: test out a new, fun and creative way of combining real LEGO brick building with a smartphone or tablet.
- LEGO Chima: choose a tribe and test battling skills with the whole family
- LEGO Star Wars™: build and display a Star Wars model
- LEGO Disney™ Princess: create a princess scene to add to a LEGO story book
- LEGO Super Heroes: build a badge and pose with a bigger than life Spiderman model
- LEGO DUPLO®: younger visitors can explore imagination through building
- LEGO Retail:purchase LEGO merchandise and official KidsFest tour goods
- LEGO Friends: build for the five empowered friends from Heartlake City
- LEGO Ninjago: spin the way to being a Spinjitzu member
- LEGO Mindstorms: build and program robots and snakes
- LEGO City: using the imagination to create buildings and vehicles to the urban diorama
- LEGO Technic: get hands-on with the cool, realistic vehicles at the booth
- Creation Nation: build your own creation to add to a custom map of the U.S.
- Brick Pile: a gigantic pile full of LEGO bricks for creative play and enjoyment
- Monochromatic Builds: bricks of a single color foster group creativity
Based on sell-out attendance in previous markets, advance ticket purchase is strongly encouraged. Tickets for all 2015 tour stops are on sale at www.LEGOkidsfest.com.