Zemco Industried realled 380,000 punds of deli meat sold at WalMart yesterday. This meat is used to make the Grab and Go deli sandwiches. The meat is possibley contaminated with the bacterium Listeria monocytogenes. Such bacteria can cause listeriosis, a rare but potentially deadly disease.
“The products subject to recall include:
- 25.5-pound cases of “Marketside Grab and Go Sandwiches BLACK FOREST HAM With Natural Juices Coated with Caramel Color” with the number 17800 1300.
- 28.49-pound cases of “Marketside Grab and Go Sandwiches HOT HAM, HARD SALAMI, PEPPERONI, SANDWICH PEPPERS” with the number 17803 1300.
- 32.67-pound cases of “Marketside Grab and Go Sandwiches VIRGINIA BRAND HAM With Natural Juices, MADE IN NEW YORK, FULLY COOKED BACON, SANDWICH PICKLES, SANDWICH PEPPERS” with the number 17804 1300.
- 25.5-pound cases of “Marketside Grab and Go Sandwiches ANGUS ROAST BEEF Coated with Caramel Color” with the number 17805 1300.
The recalled packages also have vendor number “398412808” on the label and the USDA mark of inspection. The deli meat products were produced between June 18 and July 2, 2010. The packages have various “Use By” dates ranging from Aug. 20 to Sept. 10, 2010.
A statement issued by Walmart says the recall involves the following half- and whole-sized Marketside Grab and Go sandwiches with a “sell by” date of Aug. 25, 2010 or before:
- Ham and Swiss Sandwich
- Italian Hero Sandwich
- Roast Beef and Cheddar Sandwich
- Smokehouse Hero Sandwich
After learning of the voluntary recall, Walmart instructed all stores to remove the items from the shelves. Customers who have purchased any of the recalled items may contact the store for a refund.”
Leave a Reply