Jason finally got his first week of vacation. Yay…vacation time! This will probably be his only week this year since the store manager has waited until almost fourth quarter to give it to him. Since we can’t really go anywhere, due to finances and the fact that we had about 4 days notice of impending vacation (as usual), we’re going to be working on the house.
We have a ton of stuff to do:
- clean up porch (done!!)
- level the living room
- level Hannah’s room
- eyeball washer plumbing (maybe fix)
- get rest of water out from under house (oh the joys of lime)
- fix overhang around back of the house
- attach new rain gutters to back of house
- patch/paint ceiling in living room
- tear out crappy vanity table in bathroom/replace with storage shelving
- make new flower bed (for tree we haven’t planted in 4 months)
- plant palm tree by shed
And this is just the stuff I can think of right off hand. The bathroom shelving is my project. Jason is reluctant to let me do it because me + power tools = Tim ‘Tool Man’ Taylor like accident. I also need to finish sanding down two wooden canoe paddles so I can stain them. I started that back last year but then had to stop when I found out I was pregnant. I would also love to get new doors put on our closets in our bedroom. The benefits of bi fold doors are many, and most importantly, they will hide the mess a bit.
Hopefully, we will be able to get a few things done and that Jason won’t spend most of his vacation working.
Leave a Reply